Circuit Court News and Updates
We are working on many improvements to the Court House, including the following upgrades and changes:
- WIFI is now available in the law library and we are working on extending coverage to the jury assembly room.
- All four jury deliberation rooms now have flat screen televisions in order to play DVD’s associated with jury trials.
- All of the larger public bathroom countertops, sinks and faucets have been replaced and upgraded.
- The fourth floor courtrooms, hallways and the jury assembly room will be re-carpeted this fall.
- The 4th floor courtroom jury boxes have new chairs and more comfortable seating has been provided in the front hallway.
- The County will be working on the sidewalks and crosswalks around the courthouse shortly. We will provide more information as we get it.
Additionally, the Circuit Court for Howard County held its first Family Law Self Help Workshop. The Workshop was held at the Miller Branch Library and provided self-represented litigants with basic information on how to make sure their case was ready to be heard by the court and how to prepare for a court hearing. We had a great turnout and look forward to the next Workshop on Monday, November 10, 2014 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. A big thank you to our Bar volunteers, Thomas Mulinazzi, Esq., Sarah Nesbit, Esq., CeeCee Paizs, Esq., and Tracey Perrick, Esq.
Coming soon…the Bar Association will have office space in the Circuit Court. The small office located in front of the jury assembly room will now be the Bar Association office. The room number is 409.