Board & Committees
- Bench Bar, Chair, Hon. Lynne A. Battaglia
- Community Outreach Committee, Chair, Kellie Lego
- Judicial Selection Committee, Chair, Thomas B. Stahl, Vice-Chair, Kelcie L. Longaker
- Social Committee, Chair, Kellie Lego
- Membership Commmittee, Chair, Magistrate Lara Weathersbee
- Lawyer Referral Service Committee, Chair, Ryan J. Dymek
- Pro Bono Committee, Chair, F. Todd Taylor, Co-Chairs, Victor Berger and Kevin Kelehan
- Courthouse Renovation Committee, Chair Ryan Dymek, Co-Chair Daniel Scherr
- Business and Real Property Section, Co-Chairs, Andrew H. Robinson and Jeffrey Shiller
- Criminal Law Section, Co-Chairs, Tim Mitchell and Bradley Shepherd
- Estates and Trusts Section, Chair, Jordana Guzman
- Family Law Section, Co-Chairs, Karen Amos and Tracey Perrick
- Young Lawyers Section, Co-Chairs, Lauren S. Keiser, Justin M. Lake and David Muncy
- Lawyer Assistance Program, Chair, Mark Muffoletto
George Hermina, President
Mag. Lara Weathersbee, President Elect
Jeffrey Shiller, Treasurer
Mary DeCampo, Secretary
Ali Kalarestaghi, Immediate Past President
Board Members at Large
Hon. Lynne A. Battaglia
Hon. Lisa L. Broten
F. Todd Taylor
Estates and Trusts Section
The Estates and Trusts Section of the Howard County Bar Association consists of a group of local estates and trusts attorneys who get together approximately once a quarter to discuss the changes in law and other unique issues that affect our practice area. For more information about the Estates and Trusts Section, please contact Jennifer McManus, Section Chair, at 410.995.5800 or email@example.com.
Young Lawyers Section
A committee that is specifically targeted at servicing the needs of the young lawyers in Howard County. This committee holds seminars on relevant topics, creates fundraisers to benefit various foundations and causes, as well as helping to create a congenial atmosphere for young attorneys through several social events.
Business and Real Property Section
The Real Estate Section of the Howard County Bar Association focuses on real property law, including, but not limited to, legal issues arising out of eminent domain, foreclosure, land acquisition and development, land records, leasing, real estate financing, common interest ownership communities, title, and zoning. The Section strives to furnish meaningful support to its members to maintain and protect legal jurisprudence and the principles of real property law, as well as the professional development of the Howard County Bar Association in matters relating to real property law. The Section also serves as a forum for real estate lawyers to meet others who have similar interests. For more information about the Real Estate Section, please contact Andrew H. Robinson, Section Chair, at 301-575-0321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criminal Law Section
The Criminal Committee is comprised of members of the Howard County Bar Association who have an interest in, or regularly practice, criminal law. The Committee is open to all HCBA members, including attorneys from the State's Attorney's Office for Howard County, the Office of the Public Defender, and the private bar. The members of the committee collaborate together to discuss relevant topics of criminal law and to plan events for the members of the bar. The goal of the Committee is to identify criminal law topics of interest for discussion at Committee meetings and for the purpose of promoting continuing education events.
The Family Law Section is an active section of the Howard County Bar. Each year, the committee organizes several seminars to address topics such as recent changes in family law, practice and trial tips for local practitioners, and to hear directly from the Howard County Bench. Both Judges and Magistrates have participated in recent seminars. The committee chairs solicit opinions from the members regarding topics of interest for the calendar year before choosing the subjects and speakers. The committee operates as a forum for communication between practitioners and the bench and provides a community for discussion and exploration of all aspects of family law.